Prayer Guide - Attributes of God

Leave a Comment

Scripture Prayer Guide Using the Word of God Worship God with a Focus on His Attributes

Using the New International Version of the Bible…

He is Eternal

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.-Psalm 90:2

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. -Hebrews 13:8

He is Merciful
The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him. -Daniel 9:9

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. - Luke 6:36

He is Gracious
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. -John 1:14, 17

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God —  not by works, so that no one can boast. -Ephesians 2:8–9

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. -Titus 3:4–7

He is Holy
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” -Isaiah 6:1–3

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do ; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”-1 Peter 1:15–16

He is Immutable
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?-Numbers 23:19

I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.-Malachi 3:6

He is Love
 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness.”- Jeremiah 31:3

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. - 1 John 4:7–12

He is Omnipotent
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:28–31

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.- Hebrews 1:3

He is Omniscient
LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in — behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. -Psalm 139:1–6

He is Omnipresent
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. -Psalm 139:7–12

He is Righteous and Just
I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. -Deuteronomy 32:3-4

God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished —  he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. -Romans 3:25–26

He is Sovereign
The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths. -Psalm 135:6

He is Supreme
To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.- Deuteronomy 10:14, 17

He is True
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”-John 14:6

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.-John 17:3

He is Unity 
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.            - 1 Corinthians 8:6
 


Written by Mission Nexus
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig