Prayer Guide: The Lord's Prayer

Leave a Comment
The Lord's prayer is found in Matthew 6:9-15.

Approach
  1. Read through Matthew 6:9.Think of all the names you've heard God Called (if you need inspiration, read Genesis 21:33; Exodus 3:14; Judges 6:24; Deuteronomy 7:9; Deuteronomy 10:17; Isaiah 5:16; Psalm 136:26; Isaiah 7:14; John 8:58)
  2. Which name do you most use when speaking to God? 
    • What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us" - A.W. Tozer
    • Do you use the name "Father"?
  3. Read Matthew 7:9-11. How does your identity as God's child affect the way you approach Him now? 
Ask
  1. Read Matthew 6:10-11. Grab a piece of paper and write your name in the center. Surround it with the people, situations and places that you want God to move in. Include anything that has been worrying you. 
  2. Ask God to teach you to pray in His will for His kingdom in each of these situations. 
  3. Make a paper airplane out of what you've written and as you throw it across the room, thank God that He has your whole life and all you requests in His hands. 
Examine
  1. Read Matthew 6:12. Think back through your last 24 hours - the things you've done and the people you may have met. Ask the Holy Spirit to highlight things you've done wrong. 
  2. Next, ask the Holy Spirit to show you times you should have acted and did not. 
  3. Write everything that has come to mind on a piece of paper. As you repent, through the paper into the trash. Thank God for His forgiveness and grace. 
  4. Is there someone that you need to forgive today? Ask God to show you. 
Extol
  1. Revelation 1:6. Stand and speak the names of God aloud adding after each one, why this is true in your life. 
    1. i.e. "I know you're my Provider because you provided for the debts I needed to pay"
  2. Write something that expresses your love to the Father. Find inspiration in the book of Psalms.

"I arise today through the strength of heaven...
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, 
Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, 
Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me
Christ in every eye that sees me
Christ in every ear that hears me"


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig