Prayer Guide - Personal Prayer

Leave a Comment


You will need: a Bible, paper, a pen and a trash basket.

Ask God to help you pray and read the Lords prayer in Matthew 6:9-15



Approach

Read Matthew 6:9 again.

Think of all the names you’ve heard God called (if you need inspiration why not read: Genesis 21:33, Exodus 3:14, Judges 6:24, Deuteronomy 7:9, Deuteronomy 10:17, Isaiah 5:16, Psalm 136:26, Isaiah 7:14 & John 8:58.)

Which name do you most use when speaking to God?

“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” A.W. Tozer

Do you use the name ‘Father’?

Read Matthew 7:9-11.

How does your identity as God’s child affect the way you approach Him now?



Ask

Read Matthew 6:10-11.

Write your name in the center of a sheet of paper.

Surround it with the people, situations and places that you want God to move in. Include anything that has been worrying you.

Ask God to teach you to pray in His will for His kingdom in each of these situations.

Make a paper airplane out of what you’ve written and as you throw it across the room thank God that He has your whole life and all your requests in His hands.



Examine

Read Matthew 6:12.

Think back through your last 24 hours, the things you’ve done the people you’ve met.

Ask the Holy Spirit to highlight things you’ve done wrong.

Next ask the Holy Spirit to show you times you should have acted and did not. 

Write everything that has come to mind on a piece of paper.  As you say sorry tear it up and throw it into the trash basket. Thank God for forgiving you. Is there someone you need to forgive today? Ask God to show you who.



Extol

Read Revelation 1:6.

Stand and speak the names of God aloud adding after each one why this is true in your life (i.e. I know you’re my

Provider because you provided for the debts I needed to pay).

Write a song or poem that expresses your love to the Father. Find inspiration from the book of Psalms and modern day worship songs.



As you leave the Prayer Room stand and say:

“I arise today through the strength of heaven….

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me,

Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down,

Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise

Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me

Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me

Christ in every eye that sees me

Christ in every ear that hears me”
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig